CBD has been proven to have a host of health benefits that can benefit users immensely. It is an anti-inflammatory and has been used to treat chronic pain conditions, anxiety, and even epilepsy. With that in mind, including CBD in your diet could allow you to get the benefits in a controlled and tasty manner.
There are a range of recipes that can have CBD or hemp oil included in them that are easy to make and don’t take much time. Incorporating this cannabidiol into your meals could potentially improve your health. Here are six of our favourite recipes that you can integrate CBD into to get maximum benefits and maximum tastes.
Why You Should Cook with CBD
CBD is something that can be integrated into food to add a plethora of health benefits to your meal. Making your own CBD-infused meals can give you healthy, fun, and delicious meals to enjoy with friends and family. Here are some reasons you should cook your meals with CBD:
Easier to incorporate
Not everyone is a fan of the taste of unflavoured CBD oil but, by combining it with other ingredients, you will get to enjoy your meal with the added benefits that CBD brings. CBD oil can be paired with a multitude of ingredients and you can choose whether you want to let it shine or mask it among other flavours.
Healthier and Cheaper
CBD can be found in multiple products and some of them can come with a hefty price tag. For those who want to have the CBD experience in their food, it is much cheaper to buy CBD oil and incorporate it into your meals.
When discussing bioavailability, it is important to understand its definition. Bioavailability essentially means the amount of each dose your body can use. For example, fats like MCT oil can dramatically increase the amount of CBD that your body can absorb through your intestines. MCT oil is something that can be found in coconut oil.
Using it can allow CBD to metabolise quickly and it can also help metabolise other fatty acids. Doing this has been shown to have more CBD being used in systems throughout your body.
Combined Benefits of Other Ingredients
We have discussed bioavailability but there are matching active ingredients that could add a different element to your meals. MCT oil, like is found in coconut oil, has been shown through studies to assist with brain and energy functions in the body
Curcumin, which can be found in turmeric, is a strong antioxidant, antibacterial, has antifungal properties, and is an anti-inflammatory. Some people like to use piperine with CBD as it has been found to relieve heachaches and soothe nausea. Using it with curcumin is another great spice as it increases absorption throughout the body.
5 of Our Favourite Recipes
Cooking with CBD oil can be easy and fun. We have compiled 6 of our favourite recipes that contain CBD oil to help make cooking with it a breeze. If you’re feeling a little nervous about cooking with CBD oil, cook smaller amounts and see how you like it. This means you don’t waste money or food - nor valuable CBD oil!
If you’re just getting started with cooking recipes with CBD oil, we suggest that you make smaller batches at first. You know how it is, aspiring cooks often end up wasting their ingredients because they fail to recreate the recipe, and CBD oil is an expensive ingredient.
Carrot and CBD Cake Recipe
This recipe can serve up to six people. A perfect dessert for those who love carrot cake that washes down well with your favourite coffee or tea. Easy to make and brilliant for every sweet tooth.
Carrot and CBD Cake Ingredients:
300g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
280ml vegetable oil
2 tbsp CBD oil
225g granulated sugar
225g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tablespoons of soy yoghurt
5 to 6 medium carrots peeled and grated
For the Icing
225 grams of vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
180g icing sugar
80g coconut whipping cream
60g coarsely chopped pecans
1. First, preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. Grease two 9-inch round cake tins and line the bottom with greaseproof paper then grease the top of the paper.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and the cinnamon until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, CBD oil, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk in the yoghurt until combined.
5. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, gently stirring until they disappear and the batter is smooth. Stir in the carrots, nuts, and raisins.
6. Divide the mixture between the prepared cake pans. Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean; 45 minutes to 1 hour.
7. Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks, peel off the greaseproof paper and cool completely.
8. In a large bowl, beat the vegan cream cheese with a handheld mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the icing sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time until fluffy. Pour in the coconut whipping cream and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Chill covered until ready to ice the cake.
9. When the cake layers are completely cool, ice the top of one cake layer, place the other cake layer on top. Decoratively swirl the top of the cake with remaining icing. Scatter the pecans on top.
Caramelised Carrots with CBD Chimichurri Recipe
Caramelised carrots with CBD chimichurri would be a perfect accompaniment to any roast dinner or salad. Filling and filled with rich antioxidants, this is a great dish for carrot lovers.
500g Organic rainbow carrots scrubbed clean, peeled, and dried
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp brown sugar
1 cup fresh Parsley
1 cup fresh Coriander
3-6 garlic cloves
70g high-quality olive oil
2tsp CBD Oil
2tbsp red wine vinegar
The juice of half a lemon
40g crumbled vegan feta
20g toasted pine nuts
1. First, preheat the oven to 170°C/fan 150°C.
2. Spread the carrots out in a roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with the sugar. Season well with sea salt and black pepper.
3. Then roast for 30 to 45 mins, turning occasionally, until the sugar has caramelised and the carrots are soft and tender.
4. Pulse the garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
5. Add the parsley and coriander, and pulse briefly, until finely chopped.
6. Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl. Add the olive oil, CBD oil, lemon juice, and vinegar, and stir.
7. Season with salt and chilli flakes to taste.
8. To serve, drizzle the chimichurri over the roasted carrots, and garnish with crumbled vegan feta and toasted pine nuts.
Vegan-friendly and gluten-free, guacamole is a popular Mexican side dish. Made mainly of avocado, it is the perfect base to infuse CBD oil into due to its natural fats.
Ingredients for CBD-Infused Guacamole:
3 medium ripe avocados, peeled, halved, and seeded
1 tbsp lime juice
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
½ medium onion, finely diced
2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 mL of Royal CBD Full Spectrum CBD Oil
1. Place the avocados in a mortar or bowl and mash them with a fork or pestle.
2. Add the salt, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, and lime juice. Top the mixture with your full-spectrum CBD oil and stir to combine.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the guacamole sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
Turmeric and Black Pepper CBD Smoothie Recipe
Everyone loves a morning smoothie and a turmeric and black pepper one is a great way of getting essential nutrients in a fun and tasty way. The turmeric and black pepper allow for maximum absorption of CBD into the body, and the fruit makes it an easy drink. This portion serves two.
Ingredients for a Turmeric and Black Pepper CBD Smoothie:
1 handful frozen berries
2cm piece fresh turmeric root, peeled
4cm fresh root ginger, peeled
2 tsp CBD oil
250ml orange juice
Freshly ground black pepper (to your preference)
1. Start by slicing the turmeric and ginger roots thinly.
2. Add all the ingredients to a blender. Puree till smooth and thin with water if needed.
Grilled Apricot, Watermelon and Arugula CBD Summer Salad
Refreshing salads are the perfect lunchtime meal, particularly in the summer. Using apricot, watermelon, and arugula is a great base to make a salad that can be joined in the sun. Using CBD isolate powder, you get a tasty and nutritious salad dressing.
Ingredients for a Grilled Apricot, Watermelon & Arugula CBD Summer Salad:
4 cups arugula
½ medium watermelon, cubed
2-3 small-sized apricots, sliced into sixths
¼ red onion, chopped
A handful of mint leaves, chopped
2 tbsp Feta cheese
CBD-infused honey balsamic dressing -
¼ cup honey
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (cold-pressed)
0.25 grams 99% pure CBD isolate powder
Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
2. Brush the rinsed and sliced apricots lightly with olive oil and place them on a grill pan.
3.Cook for 1–2 per side just enough to caramelize the apricots. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the watermelon, mint and onion in a bowl and set aside as well.
5. For the vinegar, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey along with 0.25 grams of the isolate powder. Mix until well combined and season with salt and pepper.
6 .Grab a salad bowl and add the arugula, mint, and red onion. Pour the desired amount of dressing to the bowl and toss well. You can use a tablespoon to measure out the dressing.
7. Transfer the salad to plates and top with grilled apricots, cubed watermelon, and a sprinkle of feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking with CBD Oil
CBD is something that can be easily incorporated into any dish. With its bioactive capabilities and ability to blend taste-wise into any meal, it is the perfect accompaniment for adding extra nutritional value to your food.